Assets and Income Assessment

If you are moving into an aged care home for the first time from 1 July 2014, you will need to have your income and assets assessed by theDepartment of Human Services (DHS). This assessment will be used to determine the costs you could be asked to pay.
It is advisable to complete a Request for a Combined Assets and Income Assessment (SA457) as soon as you start considering a move into residential aged care, and not to delay in seeking an assessment until urgent placement is required.
Once you receive your assessment letter from DHS, the assessment remains valid for 120 days from the date of receipt. For further information please visit the Department of social Services.
Last reviewed: 23/03/2017
Source: Dept of Health and Dept. of Social Services.
Dementia Care
High Care
Low Care
Respite Care
Community Care
The following homes have non-compliance notices or sanctions issued against them by the Department of Health: